Thame Town Cricket Club
Thame Town CC is a well established cricket club in the County of Oxfordshire. Situated in the centre of the historic market town of Thame, the Club enjoys a picturesque setting at Church Meadow.
The Club caters for the serious and committed adult and youth competitive cricketers as well as those who enjoy only the occasional game. The Club currently plays in the Sports Cherwell League. It fields three senior teams on Saturdays and one on Sundays, as well as five junior teams in respective Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire leagues.
We also run a number of friendly matches throughout the season for all age groups. The season is from April to September, with indoor nets and training taking place in the other months of the year.
The Club is recognised by the England and Wales Cricket Board as one of four ‘Focus Clubs’ in South Oxfordshire by virtue of its standards, youth coaching programmes, Clubmark status and links with Lord Williams School.
In 2012 we had 80 Adult Playing Members, 50 Social and Family Members and 160 Junior Members. We have several UKCC qualified club coaches and have an overseas player/coach for the summer season.
Youth Cricket Training
Training starts week commencing Monday 15th April. Come along and take part, improve your skills and have fun.
|Years 1 - 4
||Monday 6.15 - 7.00pm
|Years 9 & 10
||Tuesday 5.45 - 7.00pm
|Years 11 (& Adults)
||Tuesday 7.00 - 8.30pm
|Years 7 & 8
||Wednesday 6.30 - 8.00pm
|Years 5 & 6
||Thursday 6.30 - 8.00pm
Summer Cricket Courses
Thame Town Cricket Club are providing two cricket courses during the Summer.
Week 1 W/C 22/7/13 – 26/7/13
Week 2 W/C 29/7/13 – 2/8/13
Please download the Entry Form for further details and to complete if you would like to attend.
- Thame Firsts went into this game knowing that they had to win to stand any chance of avoiding relegation from the Home Counties Div 2 West, and they put on a spirited display to beat Gerrards Cross by three wickets. Full Match Report.
Thame Town Firsts suffered an agonising one run defeat against Cove at Church Meadow on Saturday.
The home side got off to a great start after winning the toss and asking Cove to bat. The Thame bowlers reduced Cove to 5 for 4 but the Cove batsmen then slowly rebuilt their innings and ended on 169 for 7.
Thame started well but regularly lost wicketsand were all out 1 run short in the last over. Full Match Report.
- Thame Town hosted London side Harefield in Division 2 West of the Home Counties league on Saturday, hoping to build on their improving form. Harefield were all out for 189 in the 59th over. Thame surpassed the total in the 44th over, to get a well deserved victory by two wickets. Full Match Report.
- The Seconds game at Horspath was curtailed by rain for a draw whilst the Thirds gained a victory over Stokenchurch.
- Thame First were thwarted by the rain having been put into bat reaching 186 all out. In response Shipton were struggling at 80 for 8 in the 33rd over when rain prevented any further play. Full Match Report.
- Thame gained a hard fought draw against Dinton at Church Meadow scoring 116 for 9 in reply to Dinton's 186 all out. Full Match Report. Thame Thirds also claimed a draw with Challow in Cherwell Division 9 whilst Thame Seconds game at Brackley was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
- Thame Town continued their improved form in the Home Counties Div 2 West when they achieved a draw away at Cove CC finishing on 167 for 9 chasing 220.
The Thame Seconds lost a low scoring game against Kimble Firsts by four wickets, whilst the Thirds also lost against Horley. Full Match Report.
- The Bernard Tollet 20 / 20 game on Tuesday against Oxford was postponed due to the weather, so it is hoped to play it on Tuesday 12th June at Church Meadow, 6.00pm start.
- Thame I team recorded a well deserved victory over Farnham Royal as did Thame 3 against Kimble 2, whilst Thame 2 lost in a hard fought match against Horley. Full Match Report.
- For older news please visit News and Events